Lawyer of the Year! That’s a new one. I’ve been included on the list of Colorado’s Best Lawyers for Family Law by Best Lawyers since 2019 (see our first announcement of that honor). With only three Colorado Springs family law attorneys selected (myself, Dave Johnson & Joi Kush), that list alone is pretty illustrious – it basically comes to the top 3% of domestic relations practitioners in the county.
And statewide, there are only 92 family law attorneys selected by Best Lawyers. Now, from that list of the 92 best family law lawyers in the state, I’ve been selected as Colorado’s 2022 Lawyer of the Year for family law – pretty cool. Here’s a link to my profile with the Lawyer of the Year logo.
There are more scam vanity awards than you can imagine, especially in the legal field (we’ve blogged about them before, and even the federal government has issued a warning about bogus awards). But Best Lawyers is one of those very few awards which is legit – and I’m not saying that just because I’m on the list. Best Lawyers means something because:
- It’s a peer-reviewed award, based upon support from other family law attorneys statewide.
- It’s impossible to buy your way onto the list.
- The best lawyers are included at no cost or obligation.
- The list of lawyers reads like a “Who’s Who” of Colorado family law – all acknowledged standouts in the profession, not slugs.
What is the Lawyer of the Year?
The list of Best Lawyers for Colorado family law is already pretty short, so I was curious what being selected for Lawyer of the Year actually means. Per the Best Lawyers methodology page:
“Additional recognitions are also awarded to individual lawyers with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Only one lawyer is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for each specialty and location.”
So the Lawyer of the Year is the attorney with the “highest overall peer-feedback.” As reflected below, the Graham.Law attorneys have been selected for some pretty prestigious awards, but this one may well be the most significant of them.
I’m truly humbled to have been selected – I didn’t even know this award existed, so didn’t even have the opportunity to lobby family law attorneys to support me either! I guess I owe a few coffees to my fellow family law honorees.
Lawyer of the Year for Family Law
U.S. News & World Report calls Graham.Law one of the Best Law Firms in America, and our managing partner is a Colorado Super Lawyer. Our family law attorneys have years of experience helping clients navigate the Colorado legal system. We know Colorado divorce & family law inside and out, from complex multi-million dollar property or child custody cases to basic child support modifications.
For more information about our top-rated El Paso County family law firm, contact us by filling out our contact form, calling us at (719) 630-1123 to set up a free consult, or click on:
- Why Graham.Law for your Colorado Family Law Case. Learn about the benefits of hiring divorce specialists to help you.
- Our Colorado Springs Family Law Team. The great attorneys & paralegals at Graham.Law.
- Colorado Family Law Guide. The internet’s most comprehensive resource for attorneys and clients alike.
- Military Divorce Guide. Addresses specialized family law issues that arise when one spouse is in the military.
Colorado Family Law. Period.