Family law attorney Johanna Hendley is an Alabama native who was always drawn to the mountains of Colorado, leading her to obtain her law degree from the University of Colorado at Boulder, with an emphasis in Criminal Law. While in law school, Johanna gained extensive litigation experience through law school clinics and her internship with the Colorado Public Defender’s Office, where she won her first jury trial as a law student.
After law school, Johanna served as in house counsel for Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, before getting back into the courtroom as a prosecutor in the 12th Judicial District. As a deputy district attorney, Johanna handled cases from drug possession to homicide, and specialized her expertise on cases involving child abuse and domestic violence.
Family law was a natural fit for Johanna given her attention to detail and commitment to ensuring the safety and dignity of children and victims of domestic violence. Johanna ran her own law firm for a year, focusing on family law, serving as a Guardian Ad Litem representing children’s best interests, and defending parents in the dependency and neglect system.
Johanna began practicing in Colorado Springs in 2022 before joining Graham Law in November 2023. She understands the emotional and financial cost of litigation all too well and does her best to make the experience as smooth and easy as possible for her clients. Every client has a different situation and story, and she provides individualized attention to each client.
In her free time, Johanna is an avid runner, hiker, and baker. She loves spending time with her dogs and friends, and dedicates a significant amount of time to her professional roles as a Judicial Performance Commissioner in the 12th Judicial District, a Board of Governors Representative, and a member of the Colorado Bar Association’s Budget Committee.
- El Paso County Bar Association (2023 – Present)
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association (2022 – Present)
- Judicial Performance Commission, 12th Judicial District (2021 – Present)
- San Luis Valley Bar Association (2020 – 2023, President 2021-2023)
- Colorado Bar Association (2014 – Present, Board of Governors 2021-2023, Budget Committee 2023-Present)
- Nebraska Bar Association (2014-2019)
University of Colorado Law School, Boulder, CO
- J.D. (2017)
- Environmental Law Review, Articles Editor, 2016-2017
- Rothgerber Teaching Fellow – Torts, 2015-2017
- American Indian Law Clinic, 2016-2017
- Criminal and Immigration Law Clinic, 2015-2016
Rhodes College, Memphis, TN
- B.A., History and minor in psychology
- Magna cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society Member
Family Law (2020 – Present) – Colorado Springs and San Luis Valley
Criminal Defense (2020-2023) – Colorado Springs and San Luis Valley
Deputy District Attorney (2020-2021) – Alamosa, CO, focusing on domestic violence and child abuse
Claims Counsel, Assistant Vice President (2017-2020), Omaha, Nebraska and Toronto, Ontario